When should you seek immediate attention?Is your pet in need of immediate emergency care? The following list is guideline to help you decide what is an emergency. We recommend consulting with the attending veterinarian if your pet is:
- Acute trauma such as being struck by a car.
- Attacked by another animal.
- Uncontrolled or non-productive vomiting.
- Extreme weakness or lethargy.
- Porcupine quills
- Toxin or human medicine ingestion
All of the above warrant a phone call to the doctor on call. Not sure? It is always better to be safe than sorry. We are happy to discuss your situation and help you determine the next step.